discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies

  • From: Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:21:52 -0500

Daniel Quintiliani wrote:
While I can't say anything about the specifics of this, as I don't run any
TLDs, you might want to take into account the current volatile nature of
Github, by specifically stating that members can vote to move things to other
sites in the event of a problem. We shouldn't try and predict the finances
and (mis)management of Github, but instead change these proposals to
specifically state that members can vote to move hosting to other places.

Git was designed for repositories to be widely mirrored, so I suggest replacing "GitHub" with "public Git hosting services" and keeping a list of multiple official OpenNIC Git mirrors.

Also, there should be a procedure for returning archived TLDs to active status if an operator steps forward.

-- Jacob