discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] TLD Reliability Policies
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 15:22:17 -0500

OpenNIC policies like these do not apply to our peers.

In the event a zone is unneeded, it would fall under either the "Involuntary
transfer of TLD ownership” section outlined in my proposal, or it would be a
candidate for archiving, in which case it would exist solely as a read-only
zone on our existing Tier 0/1 servers, no additional infrastructure required.
Removing a zone should never even be an option for the sake of reliability.
Although I can envision situations where either the zone is completely empty
or perhaps we’re legally obligated to remove a zone for whatever reason, and
we could remove it entirely.

I am going to revise my proposal eventually with the feedback I get here, and
I’ll keep that in mind.

Jonah