discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting

  • From: Sebastian Makowiecki <soocki AT mailbox.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:33:27 +0100

Jonah would you care to explain the 'inconsistencies' brought up? If you were to count the first round votes what would be the outcome?

The IRV voting method seems fair and useful solution in some cases and I don't understand the reason to replace it with mandatory "y/n" style of voting always, forever, period. Did you think this through? In case of the ongoing multiple choice kind of vote in question how would you propose to solve it and why didn't you (or did you?) speak aloud before the voting has started?

Is it the first time 'confusion' and 'misleading' are brought up? What exactly is confusing and/or misleading? A lot of people voted (including you Jonah) and it is the first time those objections are brought up, unless I am unaware of something.

Would you care to elaborate on the subject instead of simply throwing out the idea of 'cancelling the other vote in motion and never allow similar voting in the future'. It would certainly help to explain your harsh position on the subject.

~
Sebastian Makowiecki