discuss - [opennic-discuss] Important changes to the ".o" registry!

[opennic-discuss] Important changes to the ".o" registry!

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Important changes to the ".o" registry!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 02:27:25 -0500

Hi folks,

**If you are a current ".o" domain holder, you MUST migrate to our current registry system ASAP**

Obviously, the current registration system for .o is incredibly inefficient. It was intended to be a temporary solution that was never replaced (until now!). To replace the current system, .o domains may now be registered at: https://my.nablahost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=12

Unfortunately for technical reasons and due to the low registration count on the current system, an automatic migration is not planned. If you are a current domain holder your domain name is reserved for 60 days, however it may stop resolving before that time. After 60 days all current domains not registered with the new registry will be considered expired and will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis. More info: https://github.com/moderntld/.o/issues/300

Server admins, be aware that the T1 master for .o has changed addresses: 198.98.51.33

All the best,
Jonah