discuss - [opennic-discuss] Your article on DNS

[opennic-discuss] Your article on DNS

  • From: Julian De Marchi <jdemarchi AT iseek.com.au>
  • To: lauren AT vortex.com
  • Cc: sageserge AT gmail.com, OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Your article on DNS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:26:53 +1000

Hi Lauren,

I am a prominent member of the OpenNIC Project.

We have for over 10 years been running our own DNS system side-by-side
with ICANNs.

I noticed on your article you are asking for suggestions. OpenNIC is it.
There has been lots of alt-dns project come and go, but OpenNIC has been
the one to stick around.

Instead of starting _yet_ another DNS system, you should seriously
consider joining and helping OpenNIC. The last thing we need is
competing efforts for the same end and common goal.

DNS should be free and un-touched....

--
Julian De Marchi
Systems Engineer