discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Beginning test to reclaim confiscated domains

Re: [opennic-discuss] Beginning test to reclaim confiscated domains

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Beginning test to reclaim confiscated domains
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 17:42:06 -0700

Another thought on the matter... We don't have to only be reactive to the situation, we can also be proactive. For example, we know the torrent sites are a big target of this whole situation, and there was some previous interest by the p2p folks - so we should also consider preemptively snagging the dns records of sites like the pirate bay.

Of course, the other big target seems to be the counterfeit item sites. I personally could care less if I'm unable to find an imitation handbag, but if there is some genuine interest in regaining these sites, I'm certainly not going to reject the requests out of personal indifference.