discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Threat

Re: [opennic-discuss] Threat

  • From: Travis McCrea <me AT travismccrea.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Threat
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 00:27:48 -0800

I would hardly call Anonymous the internet's Al Quaeda, I would call the US
government the Internet's Al Quaeda (I would call them traditional terrorists
as well, but that's a whole different story). Anonymous is going to do what
it is going to do… there is no central body and you are correct that as some
anons do one thing, other anons will attack against the others just for the
lulz.

If we want the fast track to becoming the global standard in the future of
DNS, we will need anonymous… they are the creators of the internet as we know
it. Our memes, our culture, basically everything BUT the actual physical
network that makes the internet what it is, has been influenced by anonymous…
Anonymous influencing the development of the networks is just evolution.

\