discuss - [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Whois Policies

[opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Whois Policies

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timgws.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Whois Policies
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 04:58:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick email - I am wondering if we should be offering a thick whois
service (ie, where the registry contains all of the whois information, a
little like .org) or thin whois, where we will point to the provider that
registered the domain name's whois service.

Also, should we specify one unified whois format (with required fields, and
maybe a standardised MOTD) or should we keep each tld free to operate the
whois service the way that they wish to operate it?

Regards,
Tim