discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:27:51 +1000

I've been thinking of something over the last three days and thought I'd finally make a post about it.

Of the relatively few of the community who look after an OpenNIC TLD(s) and are interested in MUD4TLD but may have quite a few domains registered under your TLD already and are horrified at the thought of a manual conversion or having to start the registrations from scratch, I have considered developing a conversion tool.

The conversion (or "importer") tool would create a new domain record within MUD4TLD for each existing domain in your TLD zone, then users could create an account to link to those records for updating of details, verifying domain use, etc.

However, before doing any work on the importer I thought I'd ask, is anyone interested and would there be a demand for it?

--
Martin C