discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timgws.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 22:24:24 -0400 (EDT)

If it's a CGI application that is being forked a number of times, it is
relatively cheap (ie, not resource intensive).

FastCGI is benifitial when launching applications that are written in Python,
PHP, Ruby etc simply because one cgi application can be used multiple times
to render multiple pages (ie, you do not need to launch PHP 100 times to
render 100 pages, only once or twice*)

If it's just a simple CGI binary, it won't matter that much. There are not
too many libraries involved in a simple C cgi binary.

* this depends on how many pages you are rendering at a time, etc.