discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:54:55 +1000

Looks great, i would like to help out with this project if you like.
Sure! Depending on your background:

* If you're an admin, install it and have a play around with it. Test it, make sure it all works as intended. I need feedback for this so I can make sure it is as near flawless in basic operation as possible.

* If you're a coder, have a look at the WHOIS server and try to make it adhere more to the standard. Some clients are sending the TLD first, then the domain name rather than just the domain name. I'd like the WHOIS server to respond properly (especially for Windows clients :)).

We are also wanting to flesh out ideas for the Remote Management API, if you have any ideas or suggestions for that, send them in.

Beyond that, we will look at extending the WHOIS server so it can be queried at one central source, which then forwards the queries to the respective TLD server. We may want to put forth the idea to the Hostmastering Working Group that the Tier0 or a designated Tier1 server acts as head WHOIS master server that all the other TLD servers respond to, as well as the TLD servers responding for themselves.

That's all I can think of for now, until someone else chimes in.

--
Martin C.