discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:46:58 +1000

I like C/C++ too, in fact if you want help with that. i'm here. lol.
Good to know! Thanks.

I wouldn't suggest that you use CGI, though. It's old and slow.
I tried to google this but only found a few references to people talking about having to load Perl and it's various modules, which wont be applicable here. The rm_api program will be the executable itself, as seen at github.

Do you have any references for CGI being slow? I don't mind if it's "old", as it is a tried, trusted and well understood foundation. But not having to load any external runtime or interpreter system would make it pretty darn quick.

Have you decided what type of api you'd use? XML-RPC, JSON-RPC? etc
See previous email in this thread. So far, I am looking at using straight and direct commands through CGI without needing XML or JSON.

--
Martin C.