discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:32:47 +1000

What if the Remote Management API was made in Python? I don't think a C/C++
API is really needed for that...
I am programming the reference implementation in C for a few reasons:
* It's my preferred language.
* It compiles straight to the CGI
* Absolute minimal use of resources.
* Can be run immediately on a basic Linux/Unix installation with nothing more installed than the web service. No additional interpreters needed.
* Without getting into the language wars, I believe it's faster and I want the reference implementation to be as fast as possible.

Once the API Draft is complete, you are welcome to write your own implementation in Python that other TLD managers might be interested in running. For mine though, I choose to write in C for the reasons above.

--
Martin C.