discuss - [opennic-discuss] Subscribed Email

[opennic-discuss] Subscribed Email

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Subscribed Email
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 17:40:58 -0500

Hi guys!

I just wanted to remind you all that you need to send emails to our lists from the email address that is subscribed.  I've been getting several things in the moderation queue recently.  If you want to be able to send to the list from multiple addresses, you can subscribe multiple addresses and set them to "nomail" in the Sympa interface at https://lists.opennicproject.org/.  I am always hesitant to approve emails in the queue because sometimes people have an email address they use just for this list or the one that is sent might be a personal one.  It isn't my job to decide if your email address that you sent with should be archived on the internet for the rest of eternity ;)

I am fairly certain Sympa also sends you a warning if you try to post from an address that is not registered.  Pretty much the ONLY time a message is held for moderation is if it is an email not subscribed, but you are welcome to contact me for clarification if you need to!  Keep a look out in the archive and whatnot to see if your messages are being sent as well.

I'd also like to point out that we have a great web interface for managing all of your subscriptions, archives, and preferences! I can help you with it if need be, but it is a great tool if you want to be subscribed to a list but not receive every message, if you want to change your email or whatever the case may be.  You must log in to it with your username and password from the members.opennicproject.org site if the email attached to your opennic account is the same as the email subscribed.  Otherwise, you can request a first time password from there.

Thank you. Please let me know in this thread or off list if you have any questions.

---
Alex Hanselka