discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Informal Survey

Re: [opennic-discuss] Informal Survey

  • From: webmaster AT blockaid.me
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Informal Survey
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:35:10 +0000

Seeing as everyone is now responding in the thread and I have no issue with making my answers public, here is my story.

1. Where did you find out about OpenNIC?

We (BlockAid) were originally contacted by Travis (who runs the .pirate TLD) as to whether we had considered opennic integration. We actually had in the past, although real investigation began on his insistence. We achieved resolution of opennic tld's on our network a week later.

2. When did you join OpenNIC?

About the same time we managed to achieve integration, I believe it was some time early this year. The IRC channel is full of friendly people.

3. Do you run a T1 or T2?

Technically we run 2, although neither are publicly listed on the wiki. We will eventually submit them for approval. Details of our current servers can be found at http://www.blockaid.me.

4. Involvement in any other open-source or community projects?

I can't say we are really involved, but we are strong advocates of PowerDNS over bind. Both our servers use it.

5. Comments or extra Info

Personally, I'm training to be a solicitor in the UK. Feel free to chuck any legal questions my way, although I can't say I would be much help with US law, which is unfortunately the basis for most internet law related issues.

Hope this helps

BlockAid

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2