discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.free>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 20:27:53 +0000

Hi,

> The site is looking fantastic

Thank you!

> Please change the OpenNIC logo

Done.

> Please change the "Get started now" image so that it is a button
> that is styled with CSS, instead of an image.

I know what you mean here and was going to but as I understand, this
requires css3, which not all (ok I.E.) browsers support. I may be wrong
and it may be fine to use css, I have before and like the results. Do
you (or anyone else) know if it's likely to be a problem?

> Please make the text "Give me the numbers, I know what I’m doing!"
> smaller, and a link.

I've just made them bigger! I figured they need to be fairly prominent.
But I can change them if others feel the same way?

> - use jQuery to slideDown (http://api.jquery.com/slideDown/) the IP
> addresses and the locations. - use jQuery Reveal
> (http://www.zurb.com/playground/reveal-modal-plugin) to hide all of
> the contents on the page and just show the IPs.

Is the use of functions like these not for hiding/compacting data, like
several paragraphs of data? It seems an odd idea to me to hide two I.P.
addresses.
What do other people think about this?

> Please fix the padding on the search box on the top of the page so
> that it is more in the middle of the OpenNIC logo.

Not sure it was broken, but simply the style, but it did seem odd! So I
have dropped the search box down a bit.

> Please remove all mentions of the 'alignnone' class on the images
> on the front page.

What and why? I need reason in my life! ;-)

Peter