discuss - [opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins

[opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins

  • From: "Alex Maurin (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Questions for the TLD nameserver Admins
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:07:51 -0600

First: Just how much does it cost, on an average monthly basis, does it cost to run the OpenNIC TLD nameservers, including associated second-tier resolving nameservers?

I don't really need hard data, just a ballpark figure is fine.

Second: How powerful a VPS does a TLD nameserver require?

How much would you guys recommend, above the strict requirements?

Third: Where do I donate to OpenNIC? I have a shiny new credit card, and I'd like to donate, if that's okay.