discuss - [opennic-discuss] New TLD request

[opennic-discuss] New TLD request

  • From: Asier Garaialde - GipuzkoaShare <agaraialde AT gipuzkoashare.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] New TLD request
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 20:45:12 +0100

Dear sirs,

I recently discovered this free/open/alternative DNS project and I think that it's a very great initiative for a DNS neutrality, prevent (para)government interventions and avoid any censorshipment.

For that, I'm thinking the posibility to request you a TLD for the Basque Country (Euskal Herria in basque language). Basque Country is a region under spanish and french administrations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_Country_%28greater_region%29).

Several times we have a offical TLD for basque country but every time it was reffused by political resolutions.

It's possible to create a .eh TLD with openNIC project? .eh TLD is officially assigned to Western Sahara but it's unused actually. If it isn't possible create a .eh TLD, it would be .ek, .eus or another practical TLD.

I have read new TLD creating conditions and technically we haven't any problem to run one Tier 1 server and other Tier 2 DNS servers.

Thank's and excuse my poor english.

Asier Garaialde