discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hint or slave?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hint or slave?

  • From: Psilo <dns AT psilo.org>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hint or slave?
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 01:10:38 +0100

Yes ok I see the difference now :)
Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Le mardi 19 février 2013, Jeff Taylor a écrit :
Other than getting the updated zone files when they are published, there should be no reason for a fully-slaved t2 server (where they are slaving ALL of the TLDs) to query a t1 server.  But if you are comparing a minimal slaved t2 (which only contains the root zone and the dns zone), then I agree there would be very little difference between that and a hints config.