discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 17:20:13 -0600

The problem with that method is that it offloads a lot of recursive work
to the tier-1 servers, especially if you keep a very small cache size.
And if by chance you don't have *any* caching set up, a ddos on your
tier-2 would also ddos the tier-1 it was querying for answers.

I'm not sure how you consider powerDNS to be a robust solution if it
isn't able to slave a zone? Sounds more like a repeater rather than an
actual DNS solution?