discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?

  • From: webmaster AT blockaid.me
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Alternatives to BIND?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:55:44 +0000

I was only talking about the recursor. Pdns is split into two separate
servers, an authoritative name server (which can slave zones) and a recursor.
They are usually used in conjunction.

The authoritative server is popular because of the multiple backends it
supports. You can technically run any backend you want and run it through
pipe.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2