discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband

Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband

  • From: "Alex M (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:35:57 -0500

On 04/12/2013 09:29 AM, subhuman wrote:
isn't "ferorum" a genitive plural? correct me. but i guess i needn't read further if the main idea is faulty.

Pretty sure you are incorrect.

" In grammar, genitive (abbreviated gen; also called the possessive case or second case) is the grammatical case that marks a noun as modifying another noun. It often marks a noun as being the possessor of another noun; however, it can also indicate various other relationships than possession: certain verbs may take arguments in the genitive case, and it may have adverbial uses (see Adverbial genitive)."

I know enough Latin to know this is not the possessive form.

Assuming you are a professor of Latin with a doctorate in language studies, I fail to see how the name being grammatically invalid automatically invalidates the concept for the venture as a whole.

Care to explain?