discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband

Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband

  • From: "Alex M (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Ferorum FTTH/FTTP Broadband
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 09:56:27 -0500

On 04/12/2013 09:51 AM, Bersl wrote:

On 04/12/2013 09:42 AM, Alex M (Coyo) wrote:
On 04/12/2013 09:39 AM, Bersl wrote:
On 04/12/2013 09:29 AM, subhuman wrote:
isn't "ferorum" a genitive plural? correct me. but i guess i
needn't read further if the main idea is faulty.
It is. While "Of the wild (ones/things)" might be harsh English,
and for that matter probably harsh Latin, it would be
understood.
Assuming you are correct, and my Latin-speaking friend is wrong
and/or misinformed, I would not be the first one to sell products
and services with mistranslations.

The name is unimportant, and can always be changed.

Stop being a bag of dicks.
Chill, dude. It has the same kind of vibe "Where the Wild Things Are"
has as a title. :)

I fail to see the problem.

Ferorum is opaque enough that people won't immediately notice the implication.

How many people (other than arrogant conceited professors or Mensa members bother with Latin?

You don't need to be fluent in Latin to become a medical doctor, much less a nursing assistant. You don't need Latin fluency for engineering or law, either.

It's a waste of time.