discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] iptables rules inefficient

Re: [opennic-discuss] iptables rules inefficient

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] iptables rules inefficient
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 11:50:45 -0500

On 5/23/2013 9:56 AM, Hunter 9999 wrote:
> With a Root-Server of Hetzner, for 49€ and up per month, in Germany you
> have unlimited inbound traffic.
> If you have more than 10.000 GB outbound traffic per month your bandwidth
> will limited from 100 MBit/s to 10 MBit/s .
> For 39€ more per month you get an 1GB-Port with 15TB outbound traffic.

Remember, we need servers all around the world not just in Germany :).
Though that is a fantastic price! There are also providers like Linode
that provide a lot of bandwidth, multiple datacenters, and high speeds.
The point is, some locations are more expensive than others! :P

--Alex

P.S. We all realize Linode was hacked recently. We don't need to
discuss that ;)