discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

  • From: "A.J. Maurin" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 18:02:13 -0600

A.J. Maurin wrote:

Julian DeMarchi wrote:
Good to be thinking out of the box like this. However, the user would then be depandant on the bandwidth the VPN provides, and thus can provide I think a slower, less enjoyable expereince... ?

If you guys have enough bandwidth that using you guys for amplification attacks is almost a given, then you almost certainly have enough bandwidth for hosting the VPN servers.

You guys are networking geniuses, and my heroes. I'm sure you could do it, if you set your minds to it.

As an adjoinder to this, 98% of everyone's connections are garbage. In my experience, VPNs help to stabilize a connection, and with some clever IPTables magic, you could even reduce jitter for a negligable increase in latency.

I love IPTables. IPTables and I are going to get married one day.