discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

  • From: "A.J. Maurin" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 13:37:45 -0600

Quinn Wood wrote:
On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM, A.J. Maurin <coyo AT darkdna.net> wrote:
Still, creating a currency to implement an unconditional basic income is an
interesting approach I didn't consider.

It works, as do alternative economies based in something other than a
state-issued currency, when the bottom of the economy accepts it.
Otherwise cost of living varies so much that I live in riches while a
New Yorker lives in a box. It's still interesting, but the really
challenging part is getting to that point.
The challengling part is getting individuals who have products and services to offer to accept any alternative currency.

This is why I love small businesses, especially cottage industries and home economies. If small ranches, farms, small businesses, and other small producers are willing to join the economy of a shiny new alternative currency and associated economy, then you've gotten past the hardest part.

Most big businesses and the backbone industries of mainstream society, in any country, will not be keen on anything they didn't personally invent or build, and I don't blame them, however, this is at odds with my personal approach, which is a bottom up approach in most regards.