discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

  • From: "A.J. Maurin" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?
  • Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:08:23 -0600

What the heck is this "parallel bonds" problem?

Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat.com) wrote:
Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com> schrieb:
Bitcoin is a prime example of that. People are far too focused on
using it as a stock symbol to see the potential it offers.
Yes but no,
bitcoin and derivates currently are only usable for short term or instant
payments / investments against other goods, but not for saving money over
longer timespans.

The risks are still very high as nobody thinks about the fact that there is
potentially no limit of the amount of bonds like BC under other names. There
is no reason why others should not start a completely parallel bitcoin number
space and use it as money.

This means that a rising amount of such bonds will bring down the value of
each bitcoin currency unit over the time. There is potentially no limit for
the amount of parallel bonds.

YES, we need currencies independent from any state or organisations
influence, but BC will be just ONE solution for just a part of applications.

But the risk that bitcoins will divide more then once in it's price - for
example during a farmers year who sells his products in autum to pay for new
seeds next spring is very high att and as long as there is no solution of the
parallel bonds problem i'm wrote above here.

We accept BC byself for our global internet hosting services but in a way we
can take over the currency risks of BC - this limites the amount of
applications significantly.

cheers,

Niels.