discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?

  • From: "A.J. Maurin" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS, open resolvers, how to solve?
  • Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 21:08:31 -0600

Quinn Wood wrote:
On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM, A.J. Maurin <coyo AT darkdna.net> wrote:
The challengling part is getting individuals who have products and services
to offer to accept any alternative currency.

Bitcoin is a prime example of that. People are far too focused on
using it as a stock symbol to see the potential it offers.
Seriously.

The point of bitcoin was to democratize and equalize the job market, buying and selling, reduce our reliance on centralized bnks and financial institutions.

By using bitcoin, the abuses of the Bank of America aren't so far-reaching.

Other currencies influenced by bitcoin, such as ripple, are based on a similar principle, returning control over our finances to individuals and their communities.

In the near future, bitcoin, litecoin, ripple, etc. will be used to loan money, invest money, get mortgages and small business loans, auto loans, home improvement loans, buy cattle for ranches, buy seed for farms, and pay for groceries at small grocers.

Bitcoin is the edge small business and indie developers need, same with other alternative currencies.

Bitcoin and the like are the friend of artists trying to make a living offering commissions, coders who want to focus less on paying the bills and more on cool projects, entrepreneurs (like me) who want to design an awesome independent ISP to multi-gigabit broadband to rural communities, communes, art colonies and housing cooperatives.