discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Changes to the TLD policy?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Changes to the TLD policy?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Changes to the TLD policy?
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 09:08:28 -0700

I always just include a ServerAlias line with the www. version of a domain for everything I host.  I err on the side of human stupidity.  I've given people direct links to something like http://service.mydomain.com/ and they complain that it doesn't work because instead of clicking the link, they were typing it directly into their browser as www.service.mydomain.com.  I asked why they were typing www when that wasn't what I gave them, and they seriously replied that all web sites HAVE to have the www. (!?!?!)