discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects

Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects

  • From: Jon Hebb <somebodyrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:52:49 -0500

Surprisingly, they are only seeking a 2-year or 3-year commitment.

Exact quotes were:

24Month-$2,350 MRC  $5,000NRC

36Month-$1,750 MRC  $1,750NRC

That's a lot of overselling to push 14Mbps fixed wireless service, though I once read ISP's tend to use a 6:1 to ratio... I'm sure it's even greater now for Cable & DSL systems given the specs of DOCSIS 3 and DSLAM's