discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects

Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects

  • From: Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] US Tier-1 Provider Bandwidth Connects
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:04:02 -0600

Although I don't have a lot of industry experience, I have a lot of
trusted friends who do, and depending on what is being provisioned,
the ratio of over-provisioning can be as much as 10:1.

Surprisingly enough, this is not merely due to corporate greed or
monopolistic power abuse. The equipment really is that expensive.