discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] seek.geek search engine

Re: [opennic-discuss] seek.geek search engine

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] seek.geek search engine
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:59:35 -0600

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
wrote:
> Also, I have a question: does anyone know how I can use "dig" to fetch
> a list of all registered OpenNIC domains? I thought I might seed the
> crawler with a list of registered domains, and therefore avoid the
> necessity of having to add websites.

You can do a zone transfer for each zone,
dig @<nameserver ip> -q geek. -t AXFR > db.geek
which will give you a list of every second level domain registered +
every zone below that hosted by the nameserver that hosts the TLD. It
seems that generally people who register second level domains also
host the rest of their zone on the TLD's nameservers.