discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Farce?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Farce?

  • From: Jason Castonguay <jason.castonguay AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Farce?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 21:23:17 -0500

This is the ICANN KSK rollover ceremony for DNSSEC. It intentionally
has a bit of formality, in order to demonstrate security of the key
and transparency that nothing else is going on. While it is probably
too late to be a trusted community representative, you might be able
to go witness one if you ask nice. It just looks really boring, the
Guardian article is making a lot to do about nothing.

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 3:59 PM, Mike N. <mike AT myownsoho.net> wrote:
> What I wonder is, what information could possibly be stored in such a way.
> DNS is supposed to be open, and quickly!
>
> unless they are talking about Verisign's root CA private key.. but that was
> seriously surprise me, that they're taking security that seriously.
>
> smells like bullshit to me... "the keys to the internet"
>
> blah
>
> On 2014-03-02 15:51, Peter Green wrote:
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web
>
> Peter