discuss - [opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering

[opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 23:02:14 +0100

After discussion on the mailing list and IRC, I propose that OpenNIC
peer the .bit (Namecoin) TLD.

If the result of the vote is in favour of this proposal, the Namecoin
.bit TLD would be accessible on OpenNIC through a central tier1
server, which would act as a "bridge" between DNS and Namecoin.

I'm able to maintain a tier1 server, and have already configured
Namecoin and BIND to confirm that everything works (which it does).

I would like to motion a vote on the inclusion of the .bit TLD into
the OpenNIC root.

Will anyone second the motion?

Thanks.
--