discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal: .bit / Namecoin peering
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 17:06:39 +0100

On 11 May 2014 14:55, Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com> wrote:

> So no, there has been absolutely no interest, much less enough to warrant 2G
> "zone files." Yet another pet project within the community.

When I said about the size, I mistakenly said that the zone file was
1.8GB. It is actually the blockchain that is 1.8GB.

The zone file is 1.1MB. I have made it available here
http://188.226.215.149/ for transparency.

I'm not sure who you refer to that is ignoring your replies, I have
addressed each of your points and explained how I believe the proposal
adds value to both OpenNIC and Namecoin.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk