discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 11:12:27 -0600

Does anyone want to put together a how-to page for the wiki?  I provide the URI on the registrar page, but many people will need help understanding exactly what to do with it and when to use it.  Execution from Linux/Mac should be straightforward (cron job to pull the URI via wget/curl), but Windows will be more effort (possibly a scheduled task via win-wget?).  Also some guidelines should be laid out to explain how often they would want to refresh their IP.

I think if that part gets covered, then it should be fairly simple for folks to use the service.

Another consideration would be a way to incorporate this into an icann-available URI.  Do we want this, or should it be left completely within the opennic domain space?