discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 12:57:44 -0600

He's suggesting it should be optional, something that each user can define per ddns entry so they can set it according to their needs.

On 06/02/2014 12:42 PM, Brian Koontz wrote:
On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:05:48AM -0700, Seth M Rainsdon wrote:
i my self would want the option of having my dyn url out on the icann
internet a check box of some sort. to explain i have a server running at my
house i would like to access this on icann internet. now my friend has a
computer that i connect in to from that server to get sensor data and such
but only need to access this from inside opennic so would not want to make
his computer that much more of a target by being available out side of that.
Huh?  This made no sense at all.