discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 12:28:44 -0600

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:12:27AM -0600, Jeff Taylor wrote:
> Another consideration would be a way to incorporate this into an
> icann-available URI. Do we want this, or should it be left
> completely within the opennic domain space?

Please leave it in OpenNIC space only. Those who truly want this feature
will do the small extra steps needed to access OpenNIC.

This has been our problem: Every time we offer services outside the
orignal OpenNIC charter we dilute the original purpose of OpenNIC which was
to offer an alternative to ICANN.

--Brian