discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The .dyn zone is now available for testing
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 15:45:25 -0600

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 11:06:05PM +0200, Anner van Hardenbroek wrote:
> We have to deal with the ICANN internet because it exists out there as
> matter of fact.
>
> I like the optional idea because I'd like to use the system also from a
> place where someone else controls the DNS settings, like on workplaces.

Then maybe someone should go out and start a DDNS service in ICANN-space.
Oh wait, that's already been done [1].

Sorry if I'm sounding short, but every time we do this we move further away
from our original goals. Which I doubt many here even understand. If
anything, we need to start trying to draw people into OpenNIC, rather than
just offering more of what's already out there.

--Brian

[1]
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/Protocols/DNS/Service_Providers/Dynamic_DNS/