discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Some new ICANN links for OpenNIC content

Re: [opennic-discuss] Some new ICANN links for OpenNIC content

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Some new ICANN links for OpenNIC content
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 12:04:53 +0000

On 17 February 2015 at 19:04, Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net> wrote:
> .bit domains will NOT be included in this (they are more of a specialized
> peer, and providing direct ICANN access to their records is likely against
> their terms).

As Namecoin/.bit is essentially a decentralised system where anyone
can do pretty much whatever they want, I don't think supporting .bit
would be a problem. There are already similar methods of access listed
at http://wiki.namecoin.info/index.php?title=How_to_browse_.bit_domains,
and I'm not aware of any reasons why it wouldn't be permitted.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk