discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .free taken over by ICANN

Re: [opennic-discuss] .free taken over by ICANN

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .free taken over by ICANN
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2016 15:52:33 -0500

Yes, but that looked outdated. Certainly does not indicate that there
has been recent activity.

As per the Amazon request, it is intended to be a private Tld. So while
ICANN _might_ issue the domain, I suspect it will drop through. If it
IS issued, then my vote would be to not change on OpenNIC as it would
not affect our users, as (according to the applicant), it is to be used
internally, by Amazon (which therefore makes no sense why they would
want to register it publicly).

See most recent submission:

https://gtldresult.icann.org/applicationstatus/applicationchangehistory:downloadtodocument/3463?t:ac=961

Cheers,