discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Important: reg.for.free, and thus .geek and .indy signups unavailable

Re: [opennic-discuss] Important: reg.for.free, and thus .geek and .indy signups unavailable

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Important: reg.for.free, and thus .geek and .indy signups unavailable
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 06:56:28 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net 5C77F2D6C9

Chrome has always been broken with respect to handling custom local TLDs, UNLESS you remember to include the trailing slash -- for example, http://reg.for.free/

So is it broken now when you include the trailing slash for opennic domains?

And yes, if you're seeing the page with the list of domains, that's just my default landing page.

OpenNic doesn't have a .reg TLD, so registering.reg and openinc.reg of course would not work.  Not sure why this was listed as a problem.