discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote on .free issues

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote on .free issues

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote on .free issues
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 20:34:51 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx3.sourpuss.net 9DA912D3C2

Sorry, I forgot to check on the vote yesterday, but it looks like nobody has voted in a few days anyway so there should be no confusion about the totals...

On item #1, there are 3 votes to keep, and 17 votes to drop.
On item #2, there is 1 vote for .null, 2 votes for .liber, and 14 votes for .libre.

That is a pretty clear margin on both votes. So as it stands, we will keep an eye on the Amazon version of .free, and when they actually start allowing live public registrations of domains, opennic will drop our version of .free and transfer over to .libre.

In the meantime, I will create a new .libre TLD under opennic with a copy of all the existing .free domains, and I will open .libre to new registrations (an new email will be posted when that is ready).

Does anyone have ideas for a clever name for the new registration page, something like reg.for.free, only under .libre?