discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal

Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal

  • From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:51:18 -0500 (EST)

.free/.libre and the new .o have the same exact purpose in their charters and
don't claim "the right to raise prices to cover operating costs". Methinks
"TOWER CoreDomain" is a company trying to misuse OpenNIC to promote Web
hosting services. .free/.libre and .o have the same promotional purposes and
at no cost (IIRC .o charges for SSL certificates and the like). I vote No on
".core" and any other TLD used solely to advertise a company's products.

--

-Dan Q