discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal

Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal

  • From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .core TLD Proposal
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 16:25:03 -0500 (EST)

.libre is for promoting non-commercial use of the Internet, which includes
use of OpenNIC
.o is for promoting use of OpenNIC

.core's charter would supposedly promote hosting services on OpenNIC, perhaps
the sponsor's own hosting services (he has a large amount of "reserved
domains" unusual for OpenNIC TLDs)

And regardless of whether there's a commercial interest involved in the TLD,
we don't need a dozen random TLDs for "promoting use of OpenNIC" as .libre
and .o are fine. If this company wants that kind of customization I suggest
FreeNIC instead.

--

-Dan Q