discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] VOTE: Amendments to .o Charter and Operational Policies

Re: [opennic-discuss] VOTE: Amendments to .o Charter and Operational Policies

  • From: mk <mk AT mkwia.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] VOTE: Amendments to .o Charter and Operational Policies
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 00:13:26 +0000

That's not correct. As per the OpenNIC charter "changes to peering arrangements,
introduction of new TLDs, and **policy/charter amendments** will be presented
for discussion, then voted upon by the appropriate membership category."

There are 3 membership categories:
- general member
- administrator
- maintainer

"A general member is anyone who uses the services offered by OpenNIC." This means
holders of *any* domain name, and even users that only use the DNS servers, and
have no OpenNIC domains. ALL members can vote on ANY TLD; not only persons
that hold a, in this instance, .o domain.

OpenNIC charter: http://wiki.opennicproject.org/OpenNICCharter