discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Unofficial Discord.

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Unofficial Discord.

  • From: Verax <verax AT 8chan.co>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC Unofficial Discord.
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:08:43 -0500

Voice is fine if people want to live chat, or maybe have some chat
sessions at pre-determined times. There's a lot of value to verbal
conversation for low-intensity chat, and IRC isn't for everyone. But in
any case, the ML should be the solitary official communication channel.

Regarding matrix, I know that there's a lot more to it, but on a
functional level, it's IRC in HTTP. Which causes weechat to shit itself
if there's more than 5 people in a channel. From what I've seen, riot
is the only really working client, and it's resource-heavy.
Matrix seems like a good idea with a disaster of implementation.

Love,
Verax