discuss - [opennic-discuss] Our new site hosting

[opennic-discuss] Our new site hosting

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Our new site hosting
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 22:40:15 -0500

erm... just noticed that the opennic site is now being hosted on
cloudfront ... read amazon.

Is someone paying for this? If so, when did we start assuming financial
obligations? If someone is donating this, what happens when that person
stops paying?

Sure, there's a cost to hosting and there's similar risks on self hosted
scenarios, but at least it's quite easy to mirror and rebuild on donated
resources vs capital requirements which worries me that at some point,
opennic members will have to start paying some sort of maintenance fees.

Kevin