discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [opinion] Corporate strategies yields corporate results

Re: [opennic-discuss] [opinion] Corporate strategies yields corporate results

  • From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [opinion] Corporate strategies yields corporate results
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 22:37:12 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, plus you'd have to start charging dues, and assuming all members stay
and pay the required dues to use the DNS servers, it still wouldn't be enough
for the attorney's fees needed for 501(c)3 (let alone incorporation to begin
with). Plus, when OpenNIC files for bankruptcy, what happens to the owners of
the DNS servers we're supposed to be paying? There's lots at store here. The
IRS would probably approve OpenNIC for a nasty audit before it would approve
you for 501(c)3, and you'd still need the attorney.

--

-Dan Q