discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [RESULTS] Reintroduction of past proposals, IR, R1

Re: [opennic-discuss] [RESULTS] Reintroduction of past proposals, IR, R1

  • From: Jacob Bachmeyer <jcb62281 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [RESULTS] Reintroduction of past proposals, IR, R1
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 21:33:06 -0500

While my vote was counted as intended, I also now know that whatever procedure is being used here is *not* what I understood to be IRV.

Daniel Quintiliani wrote:
https://lists.opennicproject.org/sympa/arc/discuss/2018-07/msg00135.html

The votes during the first round are:

Daniel Quintiliani: B, C, A, D, E
Jonah Aragon: H, I, G
Jacob Bachmeyer: F, G, H, E, D, I
Niles Rogoff: D, F, G, H, A
Megan Parat: I, H, G, F, E, D, C, B, A
Christopher: H, I, G
Amunak: H, G, I
vv: I, H
Sebastian Makowiecki: E, F, G
Katie Holly (Fusl): I
Jack Ternan: I

IRV tally of the above votes as I understand IRV: <URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_run-off_voting>

round 1: (considering first preferences)
B - 1
D - 1
E - 1
F - 1
H - 3
I - 4
11 voters; no option has a majority; eliminate A, C, G for getting no votes; eliminate last place which is tied between B, D, E, F

round 2: (instant run-off; only H, I remain)
DQ: null
JA: H
JB: H
NR: H